Number of Families Helped
Through New Lease On Life: 10
Click here to donate now!
*All contributions to the New Lease on Life program are tax deductible as it is a 501c3 organization.*
What is New Lease on Life
A New Lease on Life (NLOL), a 501(c)(3) organization and a TAA Transitional Housing program, was designed to help families who have become homeless due to no fault of their own get back on their feet. We are able to bridge member management companies with a local nonprofit agency for a 12-24 month period and provide an available apartment home at a reduced rate with quarterly gradual increases.
The program's goal is to not offer a hand out, rather a hand up. Our goal at the end of the program is for each family to be self-sustaining and choose to be able to continue to be a renter at market rent.
Who Are We Helping
Families eligible for NLOL are just like us - they are working, have children in our schools, and living within our community. The only difference, something happened that caused them to lose everything.
How To Get Involved
What Is Our Biggest Need
- Our biggest need is more management companies and owners to partner with us. In order to move the program forward, we need more units. One unit equals one family's home.
- Unable to give a unit? Here Are 5 Ways You Can Help!
Why New Lease on Life
- Why not? As an owner, you have an apartment home that may otherwise sit vacant. Why not partner with New Lease on Life - take the apartment home off the market, and help a family have a home.
- It's the right thing to do! In 2015, more than 2,700 school age children were homeless in Wake County alone. As of January 2016, families make up 30% of the Wake County homeless population; yet families were not even considered to be a part of the homeless equation until 2012, which is why there are very few programs that help families.
- We can help change the perception of the industry! If you are an apartment owner, you have probably at least once been called "greedy," "money-hungry," with no interest in the community. By partnering with New Lease on Life, you can help squash the negative image and be a part of the answer that helps change the conversation.
- You can be a part of the solution! Let's put an end to families living out of their car, children taking baths in school sinks - we can help end homelessness, one unit, one family at a time.
What Are the Risks
- The same risks apply to New Lease on Life as they do to any other renter. Not every story will be picture perfect, but when you partner with New Lease on Life, we are with you every step of the way.
Who To Contact
- For all questions regarding A New Lease on Life's program and how to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the 2017
New Lease on Life
Humanitarian ($250 - $499)
Benefactor ($100 - $249)
Helping Hand ($1 - $99)
Would you like to see your name listed here? Donate now!
*List updated 4/17/2017