- DURHAM Food Bank: 2700 Angier Avenue, Suite A, Durham
- RALEIGH Food Bank: 1924 Capital Boulevard, Raleigh
Day of Service Details – PLEASE READ:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to also register with the food bank. This allows you to check in when you arrive for our shift. Even if you have volunteered at the food bank in the past, you'll need to click the link to accept the invite!
- It can get warm in the warehouse where we’ll be working. Please dress comfortably. (Think jeans or khakis.) The only dress code requirement is that volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes--any volunteer without closed-toe shoes will not be able to participate in the project.
- Please arrive by 12:45, we’d like to get a group photo before we begin!
For More Information:
The Food Bank greatly relies on our volunteers, especially in times of crisis. On top of our standard, daily, safety and hygiene processes, we have several additional measures in place to protect volunteers & staff during COVID-19.
At this time:
- Only healthy, symptom-free, community members who have not traveled to states with the highest number of cases (see map here) within the last 14 days may volunteer at our facilities
- Effective August 5, 2021, masks are required at all Food Bank Branches, for all staff, volunteers, and partners. The Food Bank has masks on hand if you are unable to bring your own.
- As of July 2021, the Food Bank has removed age restrictions on volunteers, and will begin raising group sizes.
- All volunteers must wash hands upon entering the Food Bank, in advance of beginning your project.