NAA Lease Review & Training Seminar
* Registration open until 10/7/22 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
Dates: October 14 from 9 am - 4:00 pm
Price: $189 Members | $289 Non-Members
*Five (5) CAPS, CAM, CAS, CALP, and CAMT Continuing Education Credits (CECs)*
This interactive in-person session will cover changes/updates made to the NAA Lease and Addenda specific to the laws of the State of North Carolina. In addition, we will take a deep dive into the rights and obligations provided by the NAA Lease. We will walk through several interactive hypothetical situations beginning with the application process through the end of the lease.
Walk through the NAA Lease and Addenda step-by-step with an industry expert lawyer!
What you'll learn:
- The ins and outs of the NAA Lease Agreement
- How to deal with common lease violations
- How the documents should be properly completed by users
- Get clarification on the most commonly misunderstood components of the NAA Lease Agreement
- Emotional support animals and the Pet Addendum
- Recent legislative changes and updates pertinent to the NAA Lease
For More Information:
About Your Instructor
Todd Whitlow is a partner with Brownlee Whitlow & Praet, PLLC, a law firm that provides a full range of legal services to the multifamily industry throughout NC, SC, and GA. He is active on the AANC Political Action Committee as General Counsel, the NAA Legislative Committee, and the NAAEI Curriculum Development Committee. Todd is an NAAEI faculty member and currently serves as President of TAAEF, and is Immediate Past President of A New Lease on Life. Todd attended UNC at Chapel Hill for his undergraduate studies before attending Campbell University for law school, where he graduated with honors.
Thank you to the following sponsors for providing food during this course!