Cost: $189 Members/$289 Non-Members
** Six (6) CAPS, CAM, CAS, NALP, and CAMT Continuing Education Credits (CECs)**
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Join us for this informative seminar to learn all the legalities of operating your property within the law in the state of NC. Get up to speed on the NC landlord-tenant law changes. In addition to learning about the laws, you will learn the legal aspects of property management as well as the eviction process and how to avoid pitfalls.
Other topics include:
- Evictions A-to-Z, case law precedents affecting evictions, including updates on the pending Lofton NC Supreme Court case
- Proper use of security deposits
- NC Debt collection laws
- Landlord legal myths – including newly explored myths
- Referral fees
- Discuss industry trends in charging creative fees to residents,
and the NC law pertaining to eviction fees.
- Review legality of early termination fees and “minimum notice” fees and ways to enforce unpaid submetered water bills
- As always: As many of your questions that we can pack into a full day seminar.
- Get up-to-date on pending legislative issues that could affect the apartment industry
Register online by clicking "Registration Options" above!
About Your Instructor...