Legal Issues - SOLD OUT
Cost: $189 Members/$289 Non-Members
** Six (6) CAPS, CAM, CAS, NALP, and CAMT Continuing Education Credits (CECs)**
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Join us for this informative seminar to learn all the legalities of operating your property within the law in the state of NC. Get up to speed on the NC landlord-tenant law changes. In addition to learning about the laws, you will learn the legal aspects of property management as well as the eviction process and how to avoid pitfalls.
Other topics include:
- Evictions A-to-Z, case law precedents affecting evictions, including updates on the pending Lofton NC Supreme Court case
- Proper use of security deposits
- NC Debt collection laws
- Landlord legal myths – including newly explored myths
- Referral fees
- Discuss industry trends in charging creative fees to residents,
and the NC law pertaining to eviction fees.
- Review legality of early termination fees and “minimum notice” fees and ways to enforce unpaid submetered water bills
- As always: As many of your questions that we can pack into a full day seminar.
- Get up-to-date on pending legislative issues that could affect the apartment industry
Will Brownlee, Past AANC Executive Director, is an attorney licensed in North Carolina and South Carolina. Will is the founder of Brownlee Law Firm, PLLC and co-founder of Loebsack & Brownlee, PLLC. He has served the apartment industry for the last 18 years, including serving on the AANC Board of Directors and as author of the AANC Lease and Legal Handbook. Will is a past board member of TAA, PTAA, and TAAEF. He holds degrees from The Citadel and the N.C. Central University School of Law.
For More Information:
Raleigh, North Carolina 27617 (919) 782-1165