House Wake! COVID-19 Financial Assistance Program Launches
Wake County, the City of Raleigh, Telamon Corporation and Legal Aid of NC have launched another rental and utility assistance program through the House Wake! Strategic Plan. The House Wake! Financial Assistance Program provides monetary support to renters, landlords and utility companies to cover portions of rent and/or utility shortfalls resulting from a loss of income due to the pandemic.
Assistance is available to renters for up to 12 months and covers 100% of past-due rent and unpaid utilities dating back to April 1, 2020. Renters who continue to experience economic hardships after the initial agreement period may also qualify for additional financial support.
Utilities covered by the program include:
- Internet Services
For households where financial assistance is not enough, House Wake! COVID-19 Financial Assistance Program is offering two additional services:
- Legal counsel, provided at no cost for tenants who cannot reach an agreement with their landlords or need legal counsel for mediation services; and
- Relocation Assistance, for households earning below 50% of area median income (AMI) unable to maintain payments for their current home and are at-risk of homelessness due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This program follows the House Wake! COVID-19 Eviction Prevention Program launched last fall and hopes to build on the success of the previous program and plans to offer assistance through the end of 2021 or until dedicated funding is depleted.
As a Landlord in Wake County, you likely have residents who could benefit from this program. We’ve assembled some information to help promote the program and answer any questions landlords or renters may have.
Below you can find links to the following:
- House Wake - Flyer English
- House Wake - Flyer Spanish
- House Wake - Applicant FAQ English
- House Wake - Applicant FAQ Spanish
- House Wake - Landlord FAQ English
- House Wake - Landlord FAQ Spanish
- Rental Assistance Agreement