Johnston County Now Accepting Applications for Rental, Utility Assistance
Johnston County has been awarded the CARES Act for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to assist Johnston County citizens who qualify with mortgage, rent, electric, water and heating fuel such as LP Gas, Natural Gas and Fuel Oil. The maximum benefit per household will not exceed $2,000.00 for the duration of the grant.
The Johnston County Department of Social Services will begin taking applications for those who qualify. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
• Households must meet CDBG HUD Low/Moderate Income levels and income verification is required. To be eligible to participate in the program, you must meet the following HUD very-low (50%) Income Limits.”
Family Size 1 - $33,500
Family Size 2 - $38,300
Family Size 3 - $43,100
Family Size 4 - $47,850
Family Size 5 - $51,700
Family Size 6 - $55,550
Family Size 7 - $59,350
Family Size 8 - $63,200
• Be a U.S. citizen or qualified immigrant;
• Must be a permanent resident of Johnston County;
• Available cash resources must not exceed $2,250.00, including bank accounts. Verifications such as bank statements may be required;
• Expense verification from Utility Company, Landlord or Mortgage Company that no person or organization has authorized payment for whatever is needed to prevent homelessness or service disconnection.
The Johnston County Department of Social Services is now accepting applications from those who qualify by phone at (919) 989-5320. Please leave your name and phone number and someone will return your call to assist you through the application process.