That's a Wrap! The 2022 Trade Show Has Left the Building!
On Wednesday April 27, 2022, the Triangle Apartment Association held their annual trade show with the theme, REGROUP: Get the Band Back Together! in the Jim Graham Building at the NC State Fairgrounds. This four-hour trade show from 4-8 pm, welcomed over 900 pre-registered attendees and 125 exhibitors!
The energy in the room was palpable after the long winter and two-year COVID pandemic, with exhibitors and attendees, both buzzing with excitement, so happy to once again join together for this much-needed reunion tour. We saw exhibitors dressed as the Blues Brothers, several long-lost members of Journey, Salt-N-Pepa and Spinderalla, Elvis, a few hippies, the Spice Girls, and even a Madonna complete with cones. One exhibitor had their products set up on a drum kit, a couple had wind machines containing money hurricanes, we saw a ski-ball game, spin-to-win games and even a virtual reality simulator.
This year we were pleased to offer members a TAA Photo Booth, where attendees could take and share selfies with fun music-themed props, as well as a 'chill out' lounge, with couches and chairs to rest their tired legs in-between visits.
We were joined by the following food vendors:
- Chelsea Café
- Hibachi Xpress
- Moe’s Southwest Grill
- NY Hot Dogs Catering and
- The Mac House
For the suppliers who entered our Best Booth Contest, we presented awards to the following booths:
- Best Costume: Career Strategies
- Best Use of Theme: Full House Marketing
- Overall/Best in Show: Tidal Electrical Services
- We'd be remiss to not also recognize the two honorable mentions: Chadwell Supply and A&M Paper & Printing, who were in the top 5 with a tied score
At the end of the night, winners were chosen for the Battle of the Baskets raffle, where proceeds are donated to the Triangle Apartment Association Education Foundation. This year the Battle raised over $6,700! The Committee is so grateful to the TAA membership for their continual support and donations.
- 2022 Most Creative Basket Trophy Winner ~ Blue Ridge Companies
- 2022 Best of Show Trophy Winner ~ Bell Partners, Inc.
Names of the Basket Winners & Donors
- Stacey Adams, Greystar - The Bourbon Country Basket
- Donated by BluSky Restoration Contractors, LLC
- Courtney Adams, 616 at the Village - Taco About Greatness Basket
- Donated By Drucker+ Falk
- Wileen Cannon, Unifour Fire & Safety, Inc. - The After, After Party Basket
- Donated By PRG Real Estate Management, Inc.
- Doug Grady, LenoxPlace at Garner Station - The First in Flight Beer & Bourbon Basket
- Donated By S.L. Nusbaum Realty, Co.
- Kim Hayworth, Bell Partners, Inc. - Sip Back & Relax Date Night Basket
- Donated By Bell Partners, Inc.
- Alex LeFevre, Identify Yourself - Let the Music Speak
- Donated By the TAA Education Committee
- Gray Pike, Sherwin Williams Paints - Let’s Go Camping Basket
- Donated By Blue Ridge Companies
- Suzanne Pratt, TAA - The Beyond Wine & Dine Basket
- Donated By Greystar
- Terry Ragland, Blue Ridge Companies - Amberwood Party Like It’s 2022
- Donated By Amberwood at Lochmere Apartments
- Matt Stewart - The Good Time Bourbon Basket
- Donated By TradeMark Property Services, Inc.
The evening concluded with the GRAND PRIZE Giveaway of eight $500 prizes, sponsored by our Strategic Business Partners and randomly drawn, to the following lucky winners!
Nana Bentsi-Enchill, Hawthorne Residential Partners, Inc
Frank Crannell, Expanco, Inc
Howard Smith, The Aster Apartments (Kettler Management)
Calvin Meadows, Mariners Crossing Apartments (Related Management)
Coreen Lukacs, The Parke at Trinity (Highmark Residential)
Jordi Myles, Mariners Crossing Apartments (Related Management)
Karen Myles, Hamilton Ridge Apartments (Related Management)
Brittany Love, South Square Townhomes (PRG Real Estate Management, Inc)
Overall, we are so happy with the show and the excitement from attendees and exhibitors alike!
Did you attend? What were your thoughts?
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for event photos, coming soon!