2019 Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT)
Be a jack-of-all-trades and a Master of Maintenance! This program is designed both as an introduction for new maintenance professionals and as a refresher for the veteran employee, to give these professionals the knowledge and tools necessary to run an effective maintenance program. Maintenance expenses are the single largest controllable element in any operating budget.
The CAMT program is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), a private non-profit organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system.
- November 5, 2019 | Interior and Exterior Maintenance and Repair
- November 6 - 7, 2019 | Electrical Maintenance and Repair
- December 10, 2019 | Heating Systems Maintenance and Repair
- December 11, 2019 | Air Conditioning Maintenance and Repair
- January 14, 2020 | Plumbing Maintenance and Repair
- January 15, 2020 | Appliance Maintenance and Repair
- January 16, 2020 | Review & Exam
$1,199 Members - Full Course
$1,399 Non-Members - Full Course
You’ll Learn About:
- Processing work orders efficiently and to residents’ satisfaction
- Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, appliance, construction, painting lock, and key services and repairs
- Customer service
- Following company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage
- Maintenance safety
- Fair housing regulatory compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Documenting and reporting maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily maintenance• Maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementing a preventive maintenance schedule
- Product repair and replacement decisions
- Professional behavior, communication skills, and personal appearance
Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) includes:
- The non-technical Soft Skills course consisting of online learning, including practice scenarios.
- Five technical courses consisting of hands-on classroom training followed by online practice scenarios.
Requirements to receive CAMT Certificate:
Certificate candidates must complete the following requirements to earn the CAMT credential:
- Minimum of 12 months of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience (this can be obtained while taking the course, you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of CAMT coursework and supplementary online curriculum
- A passing score on the comprehensive online exam within 12 months of declaring candidacy
The CAMT comprehensive online exam, proctored in the TAA Office, and has 100 questions and is 2.5 hours.
For More Information:
Mark Cukro, NAAEI Faculty, is a leading resource in the field of service team development. Through his exceptional leadership and industry-proven effectiveness, Mark has become a highly sought-after resource to train service/maintenance professionals. Prior to owning his own company, Mark served as the Director of Service Team Development for Colonial Properties Trust, Inc, a New York Stock Exchange traded company with 148 properties and over 48,000 apartment homes. He has developed 12 technical modules and two leadership modules that are critical for a service department to operate successfully and lower employee turnover. Mark holds the CAPS, CAMT1, and CAMT II. He is a certified pool operator instructor for the National Swimming Pool Foundation (NSPF), and EPA proctor for HVAC/CFC 608 and 609 certifications.